- 1 cup chana dal (8 ounces)
- 1 medium size ripe banana
- saffron to taste
- cardamon powder to taste
- sugar to taste
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- dry coconut flakes for garnish
- cashew nuts and raisins to taste
- Put 2 tablespoons of ghee in pan on medium heat.
- Add raisins and cashew nuts and roast lightly.
- Set aside for garnish. Boil chana dal and 2 cups milk until dal is over cooked (soft) so that it can be mashed.
- After this mixture is mashed, add evaporated milk, remaining milk, saffron, cardamon powder and sugar to taste.
- Add the cut banana pieces and boil all of this together to the desired consistency, stirring constantly to prevent milk from cooking over sides of pan.
- Garnish with coconut flakes, roasted cashew nuts and raisins.
- Serve hot or cold.