- 1 tsp green cardamom power
- 500 gms refined flour (maida)
- 250 gms cottage cheese (paneer/chana)
- ghee for frying
- 2 cup sugar.
- Mash paneer well.
- Mix one tblsp of ghee with the flour.
- Mix milk a little at a time.
- There should be no lumps.
- The batter should be rather thin.
- Now, mix in the mashed paneer.
- This will thicken the batter.
- Lastly, mix in the powdered cardamom.
- The batter, finally, must be of medium thick consistency so that it can easily be dropped from a spoon.
- Make syrup of one string consistency with the sugar and 11/2 cup of water.
- Heat up ghee in a kadhai.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter and fry till golden.
- Soak in the syrup for at least two hours.