- Koi fish 500gms
- Mustard oil 200 gms
- Turmeric powder 1 tea spoon
- Chili powder tsp
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Ginger paste 1 tea spoon
- Bay leaves 1
- Yogurt (doi) 50 gms
- Green chilies 6
- Salt according to taste.
- After cleaning and washing the fishes apply salt and turmeric and keep aside for a while.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the fishes and keep them aside.
- Add rest of the oil in the pan and fry the bay leaf, 2 slit chilies, cumin and ginger.
- Mix ginger paste, coriander powder, chili powder, turmeric in little powder and add in the pan and fry well.
- After frying well when the oil separates add the yogurt.
- Stir well and add a cup of water, salt according to taste and the rest of the chilies.
- Let it simmer in low heat until it almost dries up and the oil separates.Remove from fire and serve.