- 1 cup all purpose flour (Maida)
- Water to Knead dough
- 2tbsp oil
- Little salt
- 1/4th tsp. Ajwain (optional)
- For Stuffing:
- 3-4 Potatoes (boiled, peeled & mashed)
- 1/2 cup Green Peas (boiled)
- 1-2 Green Chilies (finely chopped)
- 1/2tsp Ginger (crushed)
- 1tbsp coriander finely chopped
- Few chopped Cashews (optional)
- Few Raisins (optional)
- 1/2tsp Garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder to taste
- 1/2 tsp. Dry Mango powder( Amchur) (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients (salt, oil, ajwain) except water.
- Add a little water at a time.
- Pat and knead well for several times into a soft pliable dough.
- Cover it with moist Muslin cloth and keep aside for 15 minutes.
For Stuffing :
- In a bowl add mashed potatoes and all dry masalas (salt, chili powder, mango powder, garam masala) and green chilles, ginger and Mix well.
- Add green peas, cashews and raisins and mix well.
- Add coriander and keep aside.
To Proceed :
- Make small rolls of dough and roll it into a 4″-5″ diameter circle.
- Cut it into two parts like semi-circle.
- Now take one semi circle and fold it like a cone. Use water while doing so.
- Place a spoon of filling in the cone and seal the third side using a drop of water.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry till golden brown (fry on a medium flame).
- Serve samosa hot with hari chutney, tamarind chutney.