- Bekti (bhetki) fillet: 10
- Mustard powder (yellow): 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder: 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder: 1 tsp
- Coriander and mint leaves (chopped): 1 tsp
- Eggs : 10
- Cornflour: 2 tbsp
- Breadcrumbs (optional): 2 tsp
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt to taste
- Wash the bekti fillet under running water, pat them dry and soak in salt and lemon juice for 20 minute.
- Next mix the mustard powder, red chili powder, black pepper powder, coriander and mint leaves together and apply on the each of the fillet evenly and refrigerate it for another 20 minute.
- Meanwhile beat the eggs and mix the cornflour, breadcrumbs with little salt and reserve it.
- Heat some oil in a pan and add one or two tablespoon of egg mixture.
- As soon as it becomes fluffy add the marinated fish fillet and quickly cover it with the egg mixture. Fry on low to Medium heat till done.
- Serve hot with kasundi (Bengali mustard sauce) and regular salad.
Preparation time: 40 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)